Part-time to June 2024
This role continues the fantastic predator control work done by the Trusts and volunteers since 2013. In combination with the Southern Lakes Sanctuary’s landscape scale conservation project this role is to continue delivering outcomes for biodiversity conservation in the region.
We are seeking a Field Coordinator for predator control work in the Matukituki west & east branches near Wanaka to do:
- Field work, planning work, managing a small crew of field staff (paid and volunteers).
- Collaborate with other operational areas within the Southern Lakes Sanctuary.
- And other general biodiversity enhancement tasks.
Key attributes to succeed in this role:
- A high level of fitness and the ability to carry heavy loads.
- Experienced working in back country and alpine environments
- Commitment to conservation.
- The ability to stay overnight in the backcountry when required.
- Commitment to excellent health & safety practices
- 4WD skills and a current NZ driver licence.
- Experience handling dead animals.
A current First Aid certificate and NZ Firearms licence would also be advantageous.
Job descriptions on request. Email: email@example.com