CLOSED: Predator Control Field Crew Roles – Wanaka
Listed: 17th August 2022
This is an enterprising landscape scale conservation and human well-being project, aiming to provide both employment opportunities and game changing outcomes for biodiversity conservation in the region.
We are seeking field crew to work predominantly in the Makarora and Matukituki catchments to:
- Install new trap lines in the backcountry.
- Maintain and clear existing and new traplines.
- Construct traps.
- Monitor biodiversity.
- And do other general biodiversity enhancement tasks
Key attributes to succeed in this role:
- A high level of fitness and the ability to carry heavy loads.
- Being comfortable working both solo and as a small team for extended periods in the backcountry in variable weather conditions.
- Commitment to conservation
- The ability to stay overnight in the backcountry when required
- Be familiar in use of a map and compass/GPS.
- Commitment to excellent health & safety practices
- Hold a current driver’s licence.
- Willingness to handle dead rats.
A current First Aid certificate and firearms licence would also be advantageous. Job descriptions on request.
Applications close, Monday 5th September 2022, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in: Jobs